Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ancient Ruins

Gosh, I'd have to say the sights we saw were my favorite yet. We went to the Colosseum today which was completely dwarfing. I loved how huge it was and imagining all the people that must have sat in there. To be honest though, it was kind of disgusting too. We kept hearing stories of criminals being torn to shreds by animals there and fights to the death (although apparently the whole gladiator fight to the death thing is a myth, most of the time anyway).

Then we went to the Baths of Caracalla, which is the ruins I was in front of in my first pictures. This was my Art History presentation--I was a little nervous about it but I actually think it went pretty well! Glad to have it done at least, and now I just have to finish my paper.

Gelatto is becoming a new food group. It is amazing. The fruity stuff is good, but I have to say nothing beats Chocolati and Caffe. You get two flavors with each gelatto and they are creamy goodness.

Tomorrow we go to Trajan's forum and the Pantheon (which is like two blocks from my apartment!) and then we move to study the Renaissance. I am actually really excited to study the Renaissance and excited for all of the art and Florence (I think we go next Wednesday).

I plan to do a mass picture upload this weekend!!! Look for 'em :)

No comments:

Post a Comment