Saturday, July 18, 2009

I am such a bad blogger

I am such a bad blogger!! Sorry to everyone who reads for not being better.

The test went well! Which was excellent and we went to Firenze or Florence. I love Florence and would have to say it is my favorite place we have been thus far. I could smell the leather from my window---needless to say I bought a few purses.

The art in Florence was also amazing, we went to the Uffizi and the Academia and saw all kinds of great works by Caravaggio, Boticelli, Donatello and even saw the famous Michelangelo's David. We actually saw three, because there are two fake David's: one in the main square in florence and one in the Piazza de Michelangelo where we hiked too. It is at the top of the city and has amazing views. Seriously, lovely.

I just got back from Orvieto, where we went for one night.It is an adorable medeival town halfway between Rome and Florence where artisans make really beautiful ceramics and there is a really interesting church. The views of Umbria, the region it was in were lovely, but I was glad to get back to Rome.

I am hoping to go back to Sperlonga tomorrow--cross your fingers--and then my program ends in less than a week.

Time really flies :(

Here are a few random pictures, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment